About meWHO I AM
After completing his studies in chemical engineering specializing in interphase chemistry, Johan Paul focused on high-throughput methodologies for heterogeneous catalysis and membranes during his PhD at the Catholic University of Leuven. During that period he also worked there with several industrial partners. A few years later, he was asked to start-up the high-throughput research center Flamac. As division manager of Flamac (2005 – 2016), he expanded Flamac as a top research center in high-throughput materials R&D, and established several industrial partnerships with leading international companies as well as research centers.
Johan, therefore, does not only have a broad experience in material innovation, but he is also fully familiar with the ins and outs of companies and research centers.
During the last 10 years, Johan has built a vast experience in:
- General management
- Quality and safety
- Human resources
- Development of unique high-throughput technologies
- Selection of and contract negotiation with suppliers
- Concept design and validation of new high-throughput technologies
- R&D project management
- Submission and project management of several funded innovation projects (EU and regional funding)
- Establishing R&D road map
- Business development
- Market exploration
- Preparing and negotiating quotations for contract research projects
- Setting up strategic partnerships with (international) companies and research centers
ServicesWHAT I DO
- Assist you in setting up innovation projects
- Partner matching for missing competences
- Preparation of a potential funded project proposal
- Project management of the innovation project
- Provide you independent expert assessment of your laboratory processes enabling you to improve productivity.
- Assist you with the concept design, selection, implementation and validation of laboratory automation technologies.
- Help you with your scientific challenges related to interphase chemistry and surface science.